eBay for Charity Seller Terms & Conditions for Community Selling
- If your item sells, you will donate the percentage of the item's final sale price that you designated for that listing to PayPal Giving Fund (eBay for Charity’s charity partner) for the benefit of the Participating Nonprofit that you selected for that listing. If your item does not sell, no donation is due.
- If you have not made your donation by the due date, you authorize PayPal Giving Fund to collect the donation automatically using your donation payment method on file with eBay. If your donation cannot be collected automatically (for example, if you are a managed payments seller) you will receive an invoice payable to PayPal Giving Fund requesting payment for the donations due.
- A donation that is not made by the due date and that cannot be collected automatically by the PayPal Giving Fund nor is paid via a donation due invoice will be considered overdue. You will be restricted from creating new eBay for Charity listings until you have paid all overdue donations. Failure to make an overdue donation may result in the suspension of your eBay account.
- If automatically collected from you by PayPal Giving Fund, your donation will be collected in the local currency of the Participating Nonprofit.
- PayPal Giving Fund will distribute 100% of the donation amount to your chosen Participating Nonprofit in its next scheduled payment to the Participating Nonprofit, which is usually 15-45 days after receipt or automatic collection of your donation. You surrender any rights to interest accruing on the donation amount.
- A Participating Nonprofit always has the right to not be associated with a listing. If your designated Participating Nonprofit makes such a request, your eBay for Charity listing will be cancelled and the insertion fee (if applicable) credited back to your account.
- PayPal Giving Fund is a Donor Advised Fund recognized by the IRS as a 501c(3) public charity, which has exclusive legal control over each donation under its terms of service. In the rare event PayPal Giving Fund is unable to make a grant to your recommended charity, it will ask you for a new recommendation before reassigning the funds per its policy.
Terms & Conditions for Non-Managed Payments Participating Nonprofit Direct Sellers
By listing an item on eBay with eBay for Charity, you, as a Direct Seller for a Participating Nonprofit, agree to be bound by the PayPal Giving Fund Nonprofit User Agreement.
You further represent and warrant that you:
- Have properly identified your eBay User ID to PayPal Giving Fund before creating your listings;
- Are a rightful employee or agent of a Participating Nonprofit; and
- Your listing benefits that Participating Nonprofit.
You further agree to indemnify eBay against any and all third-party claims arising from violations of these Terms. Should you be found in violation of these Terms & Conditions by falsely representing yourself as an employee or agent of a Participating Nonprofit, or by failing to transfer 100% of proceeds from the sale of the item(s) to the designated Participating Nonprofit, eBay retains the right to permanently revoke your eBay account and charge seller fees for items inappropriately represented as charitable listings.
Participating Nonprofits may remove eBay accounts from their list of authorized Direct Sellers at any time by going to Direct Seller Administration and clicking "Remove a Direct Seller".